Wednesday 22 July 2009

How to make a pleated wallpaper lamp shade - Barsony style

Photobucket

One of my favourite little nooks in our home is my corner in the lounge room. I have a 1960s small primary school desk and my Barsony black lady lamp. These lamps were the bomb in their day and now they are more collectable than every before. The original shades are very hard to come by - but if you had a base at home now is the time to make a new shade! The 'how to' tutorial is for a pleated wallpaper lamp shade and is from the December 1955 Home Beautiful magazine. I'll have more lamp shades tutes over the next couple of days. These scans are large - you are more than welcome to right click and save them to print out.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a fantastic article. I have actually wondered how to make these kinds of lamps. I have two Barsony lamps and one is missing a shade, so I thing I may try my luck at making one. They dont look that hard, but im sure it will be a challenge for me. Here's a photo of my lamp on my blog.
    http://madeleineellis.com/sitting-barsony-black-lady-lamp/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. Am referencing you on my page "How To Create Custom Lampshades" on Squidoo.

    ReplyDelete