Tuesday 15 January 2008

Better late than never - day 6/30

Lots of fab bloggers are logging a shot of the simple daily life and blogging it. Such a wonderful idea from Soulemama. Even though I'm a little late I'm starting today...


I have had a hard time of it health wise recently. Gallstones confirmed...and now perhaps a damaged liver...and I'm still in my early 30's! So out comes one of the loveliest books ever written...The Art of Happiness - A Handbook for Living by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Howard C Cutler MD. It's all about how to live a happy life - told by a simple Buddhist monk interwoven with thoughts and direction by Cutler, a western psychologist. I have just finished reading the chapter on happiness vs pleasure and how they are vastly different...so I've put a very important question on my laptop to keep me thinking...

Will it bring me happiness?

3 comments:

  1. hey - found your site from "Mikes"
    OMG - I had gallstones too - and I'm only 27! I had my gallbladder taken out last year. I totally know your pain! if you want to know anything about it let me know!
    ps- love your blog :) i adore vintage fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your support, Bec - I feel it in the heart! Horrid pain, these things...must get the suckers out!! I may just keep in touch with you...I'll just call myself the 'gallstone gal' to remind you :) - cheers, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure. Funny you should say that name - that's what mum nicknamed me while I was sick!!
    Take Care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete