Saturday 31 December 2011

Looking back...

Photobucket

Looking back, this year has been a pivotal year, I think. It will be one of those years I will always remember - as you know there are some that just disappear into the ether. 2011 isn't one of them. We've had tremendous highs and lows of the lows. When I think of 2011 I think of my Nan passing. I think of Justin's awful fight with viral encephalitis (that is still continuing) and Gabriel's surgery at the Royal Children's Hospital to remove a coin that had lodged itself in his chest after he swallowed it. Then there's the arthritis. But then I think of all of our wonderful celebratory birthdays, the arrival of Syd-the-whippet, loving working with fabrics each and every day and the love Justin and I continue to have for each other. Even through the dark days we truly feel blessed to live where and how we do. I am also so thankful for having the loveliest Mum who continues to support us with each step in life we take. Our boys had great years at school and kindy and we move into different grades and levels next year - new challenges to excite us all.

We went to the beach this evening - I felt the need to wash 2011 away, to cleanse the end of the year to start the new one afresh. I feel a new life coming on, to be honest. Bigger and better things. New horizons. I am ready. Oh yes - I am so ready.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and me a wonderful 2012 dear bloggy friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy new year from someone who always reads your posts but hardly ever comments! A pivotal year is what I have had too - never boring but full of challenges. Bring on the new horizons - I'm ready for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - thank you for leaving a comment, lovely-lurker-Carla! I hope your new 2012 horizons are wonderful ones...

    Cheers
    Ness

    ReplyDelete