Thursday 13 October 2011

History and what it may have seen...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Some of my favourite times in our business is the photographing of the fabric and the uploading of the stock onto the website. When I photograph the piece I often find myself wondering what history it's had, who owned it and what the fabric has been a part of. The amazing piece at the top is an original Art Nouveau fabric , as you can see - the fabric feels so soft and silky, but it's just cotton. When I ironed it I smelt perfume...gorgeous, feminine perfume. I wonder what that piece has seen in its decades of existence? It was an estate purchase with a lot of other fabrics and was well stored, with it's owner obviously loving it enough to keep it for a lifetime (perhaps). Perhaps it will find a new home just as loving....

No comments:

Post a Comment