Wednesday 1 February 2012

A Year of Good Things : 13/366 : Autonomous Writing

Photobucket

I remember learning about autonomous writing at uni when I was studying advertising - specifically copywriting. I can't remember the correct name for autonomous writing and I know someone famous started the whole autonomous thing, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called or who started it. Jung, perhaps?

Basically it means writing without thinking about what you are writing. It's an amazing tool for creativity, as well as working with your psyche to lift issues that are underlying into the main realm of thinking....if that makes sense?

Usually my autonomous writing is basically creative babble - but you can pull the writing back, with some experience, until you have a free-flowing form of a message or an idea or two.

Here is my autonomous writing for today...

Are you where you want to be?
I mean – seriously – are you where you want to be in life at this very instant? Can you sit where-ever you are and honestly nod your head (vehemently, if necessary) and say with absolute conviction that there is no other place you would rather be? And how about this – does your heart give the same response as your head?
Wow - it came out very heavy today. Great food for thought for me, though. You should try to write without your thoughts clouding your creative direction - it's hilarious and oh so enlightening what comes out! It's certainly a wonderful every so good thing to do!

x Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment