Wednesday 1 June 2011

What I wouldn't give to walk into this fabric shop...

Photobucket

I have found myself reading my Winter 1969/1970 American Fabrics (issue 85) magazine snuggled up in bed these past two nights. It is the first day of Winter today, but it has been cold in these parts for some weeks. My thick comforter and hazy bedside lamp have called me away from the chills already. I read a really interesting article on home sewing in this edition - and I just adore this main photo from the article. Not only is it quite funny (as the 'new' fabric shop is now 'old'), but it also struck me that this is probably my fantasy shop - or, one of them anyway. Others would be fabric shops from the 1960s, 1950s, 1940s and so on. Have a look at those thick, lush bolts on the top floor...wouldn't you just love to walk down that window-framed aisle and touch them? I wonder what colours these beauties are, too? Oh, what a fantasy I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment