Friday 21 January 2011

Valuing vintage fabrics

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have been traveling the world of vintage fabric yesterday and today. Well, traveling the value of vintage fabrics. I've done everything from putting stock on ebay for $5 a pop to putting 1880s cotton on the website for $35. The pieces below are going on ebay - the pieces above are already on the website. If you purchase from both sites no extra postage will be charged...you just pay the website postage flat rate.

Someone was telling me the other day that people can tut tut the value of vintage fabric and compare it to fabric in Lincraft and Spotlight (these comments can be overheard at markets, apparently). That amazed me - it sounds so silly to me. I wonder if the same people value a 1930s cocktail dress with a modern dress from Kmart or Walmart or even Myer? Of a 1940s Carltonware sugar pot to a Maxwell and Williams piece. It's got me thinking today....

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment