Sunday 20 March 2011

The other door is ajar...

Photobucket

When one door closes, another opens...or, at least, that's what they say. I think the Mother Superior said that to Maria in The Sound of Music...so it must be true.

I have allowed myself a lot of time and space over the past 48 hours to just be. My world seems a smaller place after losing my Nan - but that is to be expected. I have a post about her I will publish when I have saturated my memory. For now - my body, soul and spirit is tired and has been rung out through the wash. It's been hung up on the line and is slowly drying in the light breeze.

I spent three hours today photographing lots and lots of fabric. It was a quiet time for me - I love it when I can work in absolutely quiet, with no one around, no radio on, no iTunes blaring etc. Today was a day for working in peace.

Tomorrow I return to Retro Age to once again return to a routine I am comfortable with. I have to return to my life some time...so tomorrow is as good a time as any. All of my family are returning to work tomorrow - none of us want to, but you just have to, don't you? Life must go on.

2 comments: