Monday 18 July 2011

Sitting back and enjoying the fabrics...

Photobucket

I don't know why I want to do more, more and them more, more, more. I get frustrated when jobs aren't done. And when you own your own business I don't think everything is ever done on time. There is always something that has to be done - whether that is booking in more fabric, buying more fabric that has been offered, updating the books, cutting small packs etc. And you can never tell what a day is going to bring, to a certain extent. Like today - in between swimming lessons, a physio appointment and other little things, I knew we had enough time to complete the packaging and list more fabric. But NO said the universe. Lots of orders came through overnight - many Express Post - so there was no time to list fabric today. And that got me frustrated. And then more frustrated. Until, now, at 9.44pm, I am still wanting to drive myself to load more fabric onto the website. And more orders have continued to come in late today and this evening...with express post required, so they take all priority tomorrow.

Why oh why do we want to do more, more, more? Why can't we be just satisfied at the end of the day? I need to reflect upon being satisfied with the current success of the business instead of focusing on what needs to be done. I need to sit back and enjoy the fabrics (a la smell the roses).

I need to remember to love every aspect of our business, not just my favourite parts :)

xNess

No comments:

Post a Comment