Tuesday, 19 April 2011
I am not sure if I am versatile - especially at blogging - but the lovely Rel at Cricketty Snippets has given me a versatile blogger award. I have to share seven facts about myself and hand the baton over. Here's some bits about me:
1. I have a vegetable oil intolerance.
2. I don't do dresses or skirts or skorts or knickerbockers or anything of the like. I am a simple gal - Thai pants and jeans and khakis are enough for moi. And they're even better in basic black. And I live in Birks and thongs. I hate shopping, you see.
3. I didn't get my license until I was 27. Well - when you lived in inner-city Melbourne you didn't need it. But as soon as I left Melbourne I couldn't get behind the wheel fast enough.
4. I wasn't supposed to be able to have kids - and now I have two.
5. I was called Bigbird, Legs, Stretch and Joel Garner at primary school cos I was 5'9 in grade six. Lucky I finished growing that same year.
6. I think I can remember the moments after being born. Someone wrapped me too tight in a blanket and I remember thinking 'they do this still?'. I have spoken of this memory since I was a toddler. My memories go back to the age of two.
7. I am drawn to Heide and Sunday Reed and Albert Tucker and Joy Hester. I have no idea why. The Angry Penguins have been a part of my life for longer than I remember.
I have been taking a little break away from the business and business things. I couldn't help myself. Still working behind the lines, though - just not up front, in the media, so to speak. But, fear not dear peeps, things are going up and up in the world of Retro Age...hurrah!