Thursday 17 November 2011

Arrive alive

Photobucket
Sorry for today being a kind of serious post , but I was taking photos of this truck fabric today and all I could think about was all of the recent road fatalities that we've had here in Victoria - and so many of them seem to be young girls and boys. I am continuously saddened by this - it just seems to senseless to me...what a waste of exciting lives. I would be devastated at losing my boys in those circumstances. Now there is a move to teach driver education in our secondary schools - and I want to second that right here in the public domain. I used to be of the 'it won't happen to me' age group, too - and now that I am in the 'heck, it could happen to me - any day' I feel it's important to try and education these kids as much as possible about cars, traffic, weather and driver distraction - not to mention the drugs and alcohol that may be involved, too! There is education about drugs and booze - so why not driving? It can be just as dangerous...

*steps off soap box*
*thank you for reading*

No comments:

Post a Comment