Tuesday 16 October 2007

Fornasetti fabric panel...a stunner...


Designers come and go - but Fornasetti is uber cool here in Australia at the moment, and I dare say worldwide. When I came across this I think I audibly groaned - I would love this up on my lounge wall! Actually, I'd love it anywhere, I think...

It makes me ponder how dynamic and powerful design can be. New fabrics are in a complete Scandinavian revolution at the moment - there's lots of minimalistic brightly coloured medium scale prints featuring animals, botanicals, houses etc etc...but when you look at this piece you realise how individual designs on textiles really can be just so, so wonderful. I love fabrics in panel format, but you don't come across it a great deal in the newer fabrics...

You can find the Fornasetti panel on ebay USA (but they ship worldwide) - click here to view it. There's three days to go on the auction....

Perhaps someone would like to buy it for me as an early Christmas pressie, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment