Wednesday 31 October 2007

Some of our couture silks...

This fabric has the perfect 60's design - so Scandinavian! We have it both red and black colourways, I am fairly sure...silk twill and pure retro!


This fabric has the perfect 60's design - so Scandinavian! We have it both red and black colourways, I am fairly sure...silk twill and pure retro!


Another striking silk from the collection - an amazing abstract botanical design, silk twill. Original mid-60's. Super fabric and still one of my favourites...I think we bought this one in black as well...


This is one of my favourite silks from the collection - pure retro, pure mod and just so glorious! It is a silk twill from the early 60's...


This was one of the first bolts we sold out of...original modernist silk, made in France. True dot and stripe design, manufactured for formal day wear, believe it or not...


The fabric above was a gorgeous bright fine twill silk, original 60's and manufactured for after 5 evening wear.

This fine fabric was manufactured for day wear - lightweight silk blend that feels divine. Super bright and oh so mod...

The fabric above is a glorious 1060's silk twill, manufactured for evening wear. Amazing design and use of colourway...

Retro mod! The fabric above has a 3D box design in red, black and white. We had a whole bolt of this piece - original early 60's (1962 to be exact - the bolt still had the original tag) and it was woven nylon....


I came across these shots when I went fossicking for the couture estate sale photos I featured in the previous post - these are old photos, so apologies for the resolution, but they feature some of the beautiful rare couture fabrics we imported from that estate sale. We have some of them left in stock - others, I am sad to say, have found new homes around the globe. One does get attached to fabrics...sometimes I truly am sad to see them go....

If we disappear for two days or so you'll know it's because our son has finally arrived - so if you don't hear from me in the next couple of days you know why! Counting down...rather impatiently, too, I might add....one forgets how uncomfortable late pregnancy truly is....

No comments:

Post a Comment