Monday 22 October 2007

What I surround myself with...



I suppose letting the cat out of the bag shouldn't be a bad thing - fact is, I've always been mindful of keeping our personal lives seperate to the business. I suppose it's because I don't fundamentally trust people that I don't surround myself with...where does the fear come from? I don't know - maybe it's due to being a Mother and wanting to protect everyone...

I want to show you some new arrivals to our horde of vintage fabric - but first I also wanted to show you my favourite part of the workroom. It's the corner of my desk. It's the only part of the space that is wholly mine and devoid of vintage fabric! It's very messy but has some personal bits I adore - family photo taken years ago, old toys my Uncle played with, my gorgeous Barsony lamp my partner gave me for my birthday...Arabia, Danish candleholders...signed original Tretchikoff...and a collage I made as well as a pic of the His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Healing Buddha. Whenever I look in this corner I always feel so grounded - like life it giving me a big hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment