Monday 20 April 2009

Packing up the Mill Markets

Photobucket

Isn't it funny that something I thought would be so much fun and enjoyable has turned out to be the most time consuming part of the business? We opened a large stall at Newcomb's Mill Markets in January - with great passion and care - but we've decided it just doesn't suit us at the moment. You need to 'work' four hours a fortnight (so little - but, truly, you try walking around and around for four hours!), tend your stall (much more time consuming that what you think - some stall holders go in there daily to rotate stock etc) and then iron, hang and price each piece. When I write it like this it seems like a little work - but it's not :(

Photobucket

So we are currently packing the stall up. We're vacating by the end of this month - and looking forward to it, I can tell you! The rent is so high compared to the workshop business and so much more time...well, you can see...it's time to shut up Mill Market shop...

One night left to leave a message for the vintage fabric giveaway - go on, you've just got to leave a message to be in it! Closes 8pm Tuesday night, AEST. And it's open to everyone, everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are packing up the Mill Markets. I was really looking forward to paying you a visit there was I was next in old G-town. Can I still find you somewhere to pay a visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wail - I know! We really don't want to leave - I am so sorry to the tonnes of people who have supported us there. But we need to sell a tonne of fabric to even make rent - and we'd much prefer to stay with the worldwide crafty audience anyhoo! We'll keep in touc - we're not moving anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete