Sunday 5 July 2009

Kitsch 70s foyers and 70s promises

Photobucket

I am a child of the 70s. Born in the early 70s. Old enough to remember fab kitsch shows like Charlie's Angels, Love Boat, Space1999, Blake7, Fantasy Island, CHiPs and the like. My 'queen' of an uncle is only a decade older than me so he had a major impact on my life - both back and then and still now.

Just like him, I adored the interiors in Logan's Run and The Tomorrow People. Just like him I adored the kitsch 1970s Miss World sets (and even made pom poms out of toilet paper to barrack for Miss Aussie). I believed when I grew up I would live in a veritable bubble and would have an electric car that would take me to work in a tube. I believed the world would be like Logan's world, as below...

Photobucket

Alas, not much technology at this end of the world. No floating cars like Star Wars. No self opening front doors like Logan's Run unless I go to the local supermarket. No simple polyester dresses for day and night wear that don't make you look cheap.

That's part of the reason why I love this fabric featuring a foyer. So futuristic and yet so today. Love it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment