Saturday 25 October 2008

Growing up with The Court Jester



As you can tell I am loving YouTube. Hated it before these last months - but now I understand why people become addicted to it. It's a visual library - your memory - television and an encyclopaedia rolled into one.

I grew up loving the ye olde' Saturday and Sunday midday movies. As I grew up in the 70s I had a plethora of 50s and 60s movies to watch - lots of Elvis and lots of classics.

The Court Jester with Danny Kaye is one I have never forgotten - and I found myself telling a friend today about the famous 'chalice with the palace' scene. As I couldn't remember the verse I YouTubed it and, sure enough, there is was...and here is it :) Enjoy. Classic scriptwriting, classic acting and the usual Hollywood sets and costumes...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment