Friday 24 October 2008

Motivation from The Scarlet Pimpernel

There are definite times in one's life that make an impact forevermore. I remember when I came home from school camp and was really tired (and more than likely grumpy) but my Mum begged me to watch a little of the movie The Scarlet Pimpernel as she thought I would like it.

She started a lifelong fascination with the movie, the book by Baroness Orczy (in fact - the whole Pimpernel series) and, of course, I also got addicted to the French Revolution as well.

I think the fact he is such a dandy but behind the mask lies such a courageous, compassionate and beautiful character really intoxicates me. I love a little mystery - and a great love story. And the love story between Sir Percy Blakeney (TSP) and Marguerite St Just has always made me swoon...

It's a story that always motivates me, for some reason. Yes - a totally made up character can bring the best out in me. Strange, eh? And what a fabulous quote to leave you with, by the author Baroness Orczy herself:

"In the chain of my life, there were so many links, all of which tended towards bringing me to the fulfillment of my destiny..."

No comments:

Post a Comment