Wednesday 11 February 2009

Striving to return to normality

It is hard in times like this to return to normal living. It feels like I'm cheating...I feel slightly guilty. I feel like I should be doing everything possible to help those who have been misplaced by the firestorms - I have donated, but I can't do much physically with a family etc. Still - I feel slightly guilty...

But today I decided not to read the papers and haven't watched the news. I need a break from the doom, gloom and heartwrenching stories.

So I returned to the joy of vintage fabrics. I took shots of some of my favourites and got swept away in their gorgeous colour and design.

I wanted to do something I love. So, apart from spending time with the boys, reading and creating, I looked and worked with the fabric. Felt a little more like myself - but there's still so much work to be done :(

No comments:

Post a Comment