Friday 23 July 2010

Outstanding vintage fabric cushions...




The idea of making cushions using vintage fabrics is not new, as you know - there is a plethora of cushions on offer worldwide and, I have to admit, I haven't been a fan of a lot of them. The new 'thing' of combining multiple fabrics in larger panels on the front (usually with mixed patterns) is great, but I have never been over the moon with anything I have seen. But Jane Foster's eye for fabulous vintage fabric and using the fabric a la solo is one of my loves, definitely. I think it's because they are just so simple - so crisp. They are not busy. They simply allow the textile design to sing!

Jane Foster's cushion shop is here and her blog is here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jane, those Cushions are gorgeous. They remind me of some of the Ikea Fabrics but nicer. You make such nice and unusual Cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe cushion is a fantastic way to showcase beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete