Wednesday 14 July 2010

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's really important to evaluate your life and how satisfied you are with it...how happy are you, really? I have spent 2010 decluttering my surroundings as I realised I had too many posessions, too much 'stuff' and all of it was making my head 'cluttered'. As I have donated goods and cleaned out rooms of our house my life has definitely simplified and I have felt 'lighter'. I read Make it Happen daily and I use his 20 questions to simplifying your life forever list sometimes to ensure I am on the right track. Every time you answer yes that area needs work - the idea is to get to all no's!

1. Do you hang on to clothes that no longer fit you? NO
2. Do you have in your wardrobe items bought years ago and not worn since? YES
3. Do you own shoes that hurt your feet? NO
4. Do you own spectacles for old prescriptions? NO
5. Do you have toiletries or cosmetics which have dried up or are half finished? NO
6. Do you have a pile of papers /unopened mail/junk mail awaiting action or filing? NO
7. Do you have a pin-board with more than one layer of papers on it? NO
8. Do you keep old newspapers or magazines as there is an article you want to read? NO
9. Do you have so many books there is not enough room on your shelves? NO
10. Do you own gadgets you never use? YES
11. Do you have a drawer stuffed full of plastic shopping bags? NO
12. Do you have half finished projects stashed around the house? YES!!!
13. Do you have hundreds of photos in boxes, unfiled or not put together in some order? YES
14. Do you have old medicines and pills stored in a cupboard? NO
15. Do you have things awaiting repairs for months? NO
16. Do you keep things purely because they were a gift? NO
17. Do you keep things in case one day they come in handy? YES
18. Do things fall out of your cupboards when you open the doors? JUST ONE CUPBOARD!
19. Do you have problems finding things just when you want them? YES
20. Do you have in your kitchen any items in cupboards or fridge/freezer past their use by dates?
NO

How do you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment