Wednesday 25 August 2010

A change of tune - this is what age does to you!

We try and move with technology in this house - well, within reason. We don't get the latest gadgets like mini-mobiles or iPads (not yet, anyway) - but we do have a computer network, complete with server. This means all of our music can he housed on our computers and also on the server - so we can play it anywhere in the house. So we've been going through our CD collection of late, with a view to uploading on to the server and sending the CDs off to thrift/op shops.

I am amazed at how much of my 'beloved' music collection no longer makes my soul sing. No more Spiderbait, Live or other 90s rock - it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I still love Soundgarden, Smashies and Janes Addiction, though! I am turning to more classical, movie soundtracks (oh, Dr Zhivago, how I love thee!) and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds/The Dandy Warhols style. And then there are specials - like Liza Minnelli 'Results'. I love it - produced by the Pet Shop Boys and her voice - it makes my heart sing...

What makes your heart sing? Is music a part of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment