Wednesday 11 May 2011

Alexis vs Krystal vintage fabric

Photobucket

I woke up yesterday morning with a virus-y, cold-y, flu-y thing and it decided to get worse today. We've had Winter-like conditions here over the past 48 hours, so it looks as if it's going to be a cold year (bah!).

Photobucket

So what better way to give me a little pep that to get my bling on, I say! Of course, seeing as I sloth around in either a) black or b) black or c) jeans, my version of bling is the vintage fabric type. Ohhh errrr.

Photobucket

This is a kitsch bling piece, vintage 1980s lurex and black cotton - as light as a feather and soft, to boot. This is Dynasty 80s glamour to me, a little trash and treasure kind of thing. Have a look at the weave of this piece - there is so much detail there.

Photobucket

Now I can get over my Krystal Carrington meets Alexis Colby-Carrington bling for the day, 'tis time to return to work and my box of tissues.

Hope you're feeling better than me!

xNess

No comments:

Post a Comment