Tuesday 17 May 2011

Stopping and contemplating

Photobucket

Last night we took some time out to enjoy the almost full moon floating above our backyard. My camera didn't capture the bright beauty of it - but it was a large moon with clouds floating around it, ever so bright and ever so ethereal. Every time I look at the moon I remember those of us who have already walked this earth who have looked at that same moon...whether that be a dinosaur, Shakespeare, Buddha, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Cleopatra etc etc. It never ceases to amaze me that billions of us through centuries passed have stopped and looked at (and been guided by) that same moon at some time or another in their lives.

It was a beautiful end to our day - we stayed out there, in the quietness of night, for a long time, just looking at the beauty of our sky and whispering thoughts.

I hope you get some beauty in your day today xx

No comments:

Post a Comment