Monday 23 May 2011

Roecliffe & Chapman glamour

Photobucket

Sigh. I love glamour. Love a little bit of sexiness and something chic and timeless. Love it. Love some sparkle and a gorgeous, shimmering dress with some gorgeous, shimmering baubles to match. I wish I could see this dress in colour. I wonder what colour it was? A white, a pale lemon, a pale rose pink. Silver, perhaps? Funny how I love a bit of the glam and I'm such not the glamorous sod. I love the Cinderella moment, though. But I hate dressing up. I don't even wear make-up anymore. I love a bit of a sloth rather than a bit of a to do, you know?

These images are taken from a 1951 Tatler and Bystander magazine (November 15).

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Such a structured dress! It must be beastly to sit in. lol But what can I say, I'm a sucker for rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of that...gosh, I wonder how you would sit in it? It would be a bit...ahem...uncomfy, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete