Thursday 19 May 2011

It is all in the weave

Photobucket

I am thoroughly enjoying the intricacy of textile design and textile weaves at the moment. As I love design so much I forget about the construction of the cloth underneath. I forget the cloth is just as important as the design on top....perhaps even more so.

Photobucket

Weaving is so beautiful, when you really think about it. Crochet is weaving, knitting is weaving, embroidery is weaving, sewing is weaving, basket weaving is...well...weaving. In...and...out....top.....and...bottom. The rhythm of this art form really does soothe the soul. For, as you weave, you create. I think that as modern cloth is made from machinery we forget about the art form in it. But these days I am rejoicing in it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment