Saturday 17 April 2010

Daily reminders

One of the reasons I want to simplify my life is because I recognise, if I am to become a better human being, (more compassionate, more caring, more relaxed!) I need time to think and just be. Doing everything I have done over the past years has given me little time to be me. Now I want that time.

I have some notes I am carrying around that resonate in me at the moment - especially the second and third ones:

Support your parents, and care for your own family. Follow peace at all times. This is a true blessing. Mahamangala Sutra.

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. Buddha.

As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life. Buddha.

These sayings remind me to always be in the present - as I have a tendency to think about the future too much!

There will be more daily reminders coming to this blog - I have less than two weeks to go before Retro Age gets my 24/7 attention...woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment