Monday 18 October 2010

Doing the hard grind with Grinderman 2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Working surrounded with vintage fabrics is a fabulous job, I admit. But there are days when there is so much business stuff to do it can be a grind. It's not just finding fabric, purchasing it, photographing it and putting it up on the website and then wrapping it when it sells. There are things like inventory counts, stock take, tax books etc. This morning was largely spent putting bolts that we've cut orders from or put onto the website onto the shelves - and that can be a hard, long job, I can tell you! Our shelving goes up to the ceiling, so sorting and heaving bolts of vintage velvet upholstery can tax ye olde energy and muscles...ahem...well, what muscles I have. I got a slim chance to put some new arrivals up, but for now it's lots of wrapping to make Express Post today and more uploads later today. Phew - what a Monday! But it's a joy doing the Retro Age grind listening to Grinderman 2, I can tell you!

This fabric is set to go up onto the website in my next batch upload - it's one of my current favourites as the design is just so unique - pure modernism!

4 comments:

  1. I need that album!
    Love that print and still so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ho Zofia!

    Don't tell me I have found another Nick Cave fan???? Or is it the daily grind thing?? I say pop on some good music and move and groove!

    Hope you and the fam are well!

    xNess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick Cave and retro fabrics.
    That´s just like my life:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goody - a person with taste after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete