Wednesday 20 October 2010

Spring time in Australia with 1920s and 30s vintage fabrics

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is a magnificent Spring day here - and it's a public holiday down on the Surf Coast, so there's lots of people lazing about in their yards and walking dogs. I can hear buzzing flies, lawn mowers and men tinkering with their tools - ahhhh, the sounds of Spring and Summer sunshine in Australia.

Australia Post isn't open in these parts, so I have been taking lots and lots of photos of fabrics going next up onto the website. I can't tell you how many there are - I haven't counted them! - but I took shots of 30 pieces and I haven't even dented the box they have been stored in. Most of them are vintage cottons, with some extra special pieces from the 20s and 30s - some are just remnants, whereas others are yardage. All are so lovely in their own right - there are art deco vintage fabrics I am putting up onto the website - they are simple designs, but just so of their time.

I hope you're having a lovely day or evening, whichever Hemisphere you're in!

xNess

No comments:

Post a Comment