Friday 6 November 2009

What we've been doing around these parts...

Photobucket

I have to get my bottom moving, I've been told. Too much lethargy for the ol' heart so off walking more I go - to the park, shopping - anywhere, really - with the entire family so we can all have fun. I don't look as cool as that chick and her dog above, though. I would love to walk my dog (if I had one - fish are fine for now) in those Mary Janes and that cool coat. Love it.

Photobucket

We've also been working hard on our renovation - geez, but renovations take the longest time! And we're not going anything structural! We've decided on white, white and more white. Doing atomic light fixtures and giving the front garden sculpture - won't that confuse the neighbours! Am considering plants for the interior, too...yes, believe it or not.

Photobucket

We've decided on an amazing colourway for the main loungeroom. A deep 'cack' olive green for the ceiling and a deep orange/red for one wall. Very retro - and goes with all of our current furniture etc. We've got an orange/red and brown colourway going but I'm finding I love green now...very strange.

Photobucket

Business wise there is lots in the pipeline - from now until the end of January. Lots of exciting stuff, hopefully...stay tuned...

Photobucket

And, finally - lots and lots of American Fabrics magazines are waiting for us to pick them up from our PO box. I can't wait! I've got almost every edition now, I think - well, up to the mid-60s anyhow. From 1946 onwards - I can't wait to show you them and feature some of the interesting articles and photos and fabric swatches! These shots and swatches are from edition 77, 1967. I absolutely love seeing and touching the fabric and seeing it replicated in the photo - I hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment