Monday 29 March 2010

Sustainable Monday - make your own deodorant

One of my fave blogs - and fave bloggers - posted a great little piece on making your own deodorant. As you know, I got stung with the 'must do it now!' bug, so I purchased the two ingredients to make my own.

Those two ingredients are as simple as pie to find - bicarb soda and corn flour (corn starch in the US). I made the one part bicarb, six parts cornflour mix....

We've been using it for three days and thus far it's great. It's quite refreshing not to lather your armpits every morning - dabbing on powder is so much nicer. You perspire a little but you don't have an odour - and you're doing the right thing by your body!

I have been shampoo free for a week now (only using bicarb soda and the occasional vinegar rinse) and my hair feels fuller. It's not as shiny at the moment as there is an interim period where my body accepts that it has to make my own hair oil again (the glands are kick started by the no shampoo method!) - but I have read to give it time to adjust. So far, so good...

You can tell I'm a fan of bicarb soda!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad it's working. And thank you for the wonderful compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete