Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sustainable Monday - on Tuesday

I have my sewing class on a Monday so my usual Monday posts have been out of whack. This is Sustainable Monday - on a Tuesday. Today I would like to introduce the shampoo and conditioner I am currently using.
Bicarbonate of Soda is my current shampoo. I lather a load up into a paste and scrub it through my hair. I leave it for around a minute (use the time to wash yourself if you're water conscious) and rinse it off.

Vinegar is my current conditioner - you can use any vinegar, but I am currently using apple cider as I had it in my pantry. I pour some through my hair and then rinse it out. Yes, I smell of vinegar for around 5-10 minutes but then the smell disappears.

Apparently my hair is brighter (more colour - and I don't colour my hair) and it is definitely softer. I feel great doing it - better for the environment, better for my body (no chemicals) and better for the hip pocket! I'll see how my hair fares in the coming weeks...

2 comments:

  1. I've been using Baking Soda with an apple cider vinegar rinse for about a year now (most no 'poo info I've found recommends ACV in particular for this).
    I never want to go back to shampoo and conditioner. My hair is so much easier to manage now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know - it gives me confidence to keep on going with the ACV. My hair is better today than it has been, but I read your system needs to get accustomed to making its own oils again. I am so glad you left a comment - I hope never to go back to shampoo, either!

    ReplyDelete