Thursday 17 June 2010

The bacteria didn't die!

I never thought I would be relieved I didn't kill bacteria, I can tell you...but I am! This is my fourth - and successful - attempt at making homemade yoghurt using live culture (from scratch). It tastes delicious! I now realise what I have been doing wrong - I mustn't have been keeping the mixture at the right temp...if it's too high or low it kills the good bacteria. So a stint in the oven at exactly the right temperature hit the special homemade yoghurt spot! I know it looks like a mess, but it is a creamy yoghurt with a little sweet kick...

So that is another staple food ticked - we make our own bread, source natural cows milk and now make our own yoghurt. In our household that is covering quite a lot of staples...I let you know what I attack next. I am thinking cheese...

I am going to keep ploughing through updating the website today and I have some orders to pack. Also want to take some shots of more listings to put up onto the website...lots to do today, so best get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment