Sunday 6 June 2010

Dear dishwasher grit

Picture from here.

Dear dishwasher grit

I am sorry I don't know your true name. No doubt it is some long scientific thing with coli at the end...or fungi somethingorother. I know you as grit. I am sure a lot of people know you as grit, actually. Don't take offense, or anything - it's just that you look like grit. And you're gritty. You stick to my glasses like you're bloody glue. And then if you're in my drink (if I've forgotten to rinse out my glass) you're all gritty on my teeth. Bleurgh.

Dishwasher grit - whatever you are and whoever you are, I am officially over you.

I am naming this month Dishwasher Free Month so I can cleanse my kitchen of dishwasher grit. How the heck do you get to the top of things, anyway? Does the rotating blade fling you out with the water like some jet-propelled grit-er-tator? Or do you crawl up during the rinse cycle, fearful of being sucked down the filtered hole?

I, Ness, promise the remainder of June will be Dishwasher Free Month. Even on the days when I can't be bothered doing dishes I promise I will hand wash them instead of sticking them in the dishwasher (aka. grit-er-ator). I promise...yes, I do.

Promise.

xNess

PS. I wanted to write you all a post about our sustainable projects etc...sorry, the grit got in the way. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment