Sunday 23 August 2009

Patterns in our front garden

Photobucket

A large part of rejuvenating our 1970s house is freshening up the front without losing the 70s aesthetic. We are slowly putting all of the jigsaw pieces together - fencing, paving etc. But what to do with our front garden?

We didn't want to do the rock and grass garden so popular at the moment. I adore design - lots of structure and symmetry. While Googling garden design I came across the magnificent Red Sand Garden at the Botanic Gardens in Cranbourne, Victoria. The photo took my breath away.

I knew I had to know what those gorgeous little 'pods' were - so I called the Gardens today and were told they were a native everlasting daisy - the Dargan Hill Monarch.

Photobucket

I had decided by garden design would be only green with red highlights - but I am willing to consider this lovely yellow flower. I want lines of them in the front garden.

Photobucket

Apart from stripping the front garden and working on garden design we had our first family Monopoly night last night. Star Wars monopoly, of course. Lots of yummy milky Sago, hot drinks, laughter and serious teaching of Monopoly rules later...the six-year-old won. Yes, he won. Beat us...with a little bit of help...:). It was such a wonderful weekend - after being sick so long I really am stopping to smell the roses. I love life. I adore my family. I love days filled with delicious family time. I am so very thankful for it all...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment