Wednesday 24 February 2010

Dhammapada verses

Yes, well things never go to plan in life. I want to put the doubles of the American Fabrics mags up...have I? Ahem...no. I was too busy with other things, unfortunately. I think I have to stop expecting so much from myself. I have a to do list as long as my arm each day - each month - and I rarely complete it 100%. I think I have to stop spending life looking for more time and expecting so much...do you do that?

There are some lovely verses in the Dhammapada that are ringing true for me at the moment:

18. Flaws, Verses 244 & 245
For a person without conscience, life seems easy.
For a person striving to be pure, the journey is hard.

4. Flowers, Verse 49
A wise person does not damage his or her environment.

Perhaps instead of striving so much we have to live a little more in the moment. I find that very hard to do...but perhaps this will be my goal for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment