Tuesday 23 February 2010

Moving in the right slothful direction

I read somewhere 98% of people who make New Years resolutions have forgotten or put their resolutions to the side by mid-February. That means, in just six weeks, our hopes and our dreams and our wishes for our future don't become a priority. It means day-to-day living is what there is. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it's not for me. Without goals I become a sloth - I love nothing better than to laze in the sun, enjoy a good book, write and muse day after day after day. I am the type of person who would give up work and only volunteer if I won Tattslotto. Work doesn't makeme - I don't want to be thinking "I should have worked more" on my deathbed, so to speak.

I just wanted to write myself a note today - to say - Ness, give yourself a pat on the back. You're still following your dreams and goals for 2010 and moving towards turning them into a reality at a great pace. I am proud of you. I know some days are hard and slower than others, but on the whole, you are trying day-in-day-out to make your world - and the world around you - a better place. Good on you - keep going, sloth!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post, and I identify with you very much. I have to keep pushing myself, otherwise I think I'd never get anything done. I'm not a natural hard worker! But work isn't everything. You're so right to give yourself a pat on the back for what you've achieved so far. It's important to recognise the positive.

    ReplyDelete