Saturday 6 February 2010

Do you believe in a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Since I am slowly getting over the blasted virus playing in my body this week I decided to venture to the supermarket to stock up on food. I decided to get ahead in my cooking as my sewing course starts on Monday night and I am always one for a fully cooked and nutritious hot meal on the table (me there or not). Meal planning included chow mein and sweet and sour meatballs. And some yummy sausage rolls for the freezer and occasional lunch or dinner treat.

Do you believe in self fulfilling prophesies? Something strange happened today so I am now questioning this belief system. I was walking out of the shops to the car and all of a sudden Kara Smith and her recent happenings popped into my head - in particular, her little toes that seem to get broken more than they should. The thoughts flew out of my head as quickly as they arrived, but less than a minute later I hit my little toe on the supermarket trolley wheel.

I looked down - and whilst there wasn't much pain, there was a toe. At a very odd angle. And numb. And at a very odd angle.

So I bent down to check it against the other little toe on the other foot and, sure enough, the toe was to the side and pointing up at a 45 degree angle. So what did I do? What any sane person would do - I prodded it. And without feeling a great deal it went 'back down' - so I hobbled to the car and got home. By the time I arrived I couldn't walk and my toe is still facing out this evening, ever so sore and bruised. If I look at it from above I can barely see my nail, such is the angle. Oh dear.

But I cooked 60 sausage rolls and double quantity sweet and sour meatballs for the family this afternoon - all the while thinking about the self fulfilling prophecy.

Kara - I am thinking tomorrow is going to be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment