Thursday 4 February 2010

Nan - Mrs Maureen Collier

Nan

My Nan turned 85 last Sunday. My Mother thought of a wonderful idea - to buy her a digital photo frame and to put a large selection of photos on it for Nan to enjoy. You see, she has 98% full blown dementia and has all but forgotten her life. She goes in and out with us, but the time is nearing for when we walk in to her nursing home and she looks at us all vacantly, unable to place us in her mind. I am dreading that day. I couldn't help but put some of the photos on this blog as I adore my Nan - and I love thinking of her as a young, happy woman with the rest of her life before her....she now lives mostly back in her younger days, when she was growing up at the family home 'Cyprus' in Rockley Road, South Yarra, Melbourne. She has all but forgotten her husband and their own family home, so I have chosen to put her earlier shots on as that is where her mind in now...

Her name is Maureen. I hope you like meeting her.

Nan
Nan and Pop

Nan
Nan and Pop

Nan
Nan and Pop

Nan
Nan and Pop on the moon at Luna Park, Melbourne. Justin and I sat on this very same moon last year at the Melbourne Museum.

Nan
Nan and her Grandmother at Rockley Road, South Yarra

Nan
One of my favourite photos of Nan - on the steps at Rockley Road, South Yarra

Nan
This was taken in 1985 when she was 60

Nan
A toddler Maureen with her beloved Aunt 'Georgie' Georgina. A favourite photo to all of our family.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Ness. I recently went through old photos that were sent from England of my Dad's side of the family. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked the post, Mel! Have a great weekend...

    Cheers
    Ness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! she seems to be a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful, she was certainly a beautiful lady and was very photogenic. What a thoughtful gift for her. Not sure how I got to your blog :-) But I am glad I stoppped here!
    Warmest Blessings
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Malinda and Amy - I am glad you liked the photos :)

    Have a fab day...

    Ness

    ReplyDelete