Tuesday 30 November 2010

Man - burlesque and bombshell - Tuesday's centerfold

Photobucket

Today's burlesque centerfold is from Man magazine, May, 1964. I love her red, red, red - I don't know if you can see the detail, but the bodice has little drop pearls and the hips has a hint of black lace.

These magazines are filled with old illustrations, too...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Women are depicted in various forms - whether that's the dominant, submissive, coquettish and then there's the 'plain housewife and the secretary' type drivel. If nothing else, I love the illustration style and use of colour.

I have a day of packing and listing on the website in front of me...I have a lot of remnants from 20s to 40s and all sorts of fabric, right up to the kitsch 80s. Here is some vintage fabric eye candy for you (beware of those 80s electrics!)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment