Wednesday 26 May 2010

Passion

I am a thinker, as you know. My brain constantly churns, evaluating this and that. I have been very thankful this week that I don't have a 'boss' as such to ring and say that I am ill and won't be in. I always dreaded that. Instead we are getting through these days as a team, positives and negatives, and looking forward to the day when the 'flu leaves the four of us!

What is so different in my life now, apart from the lack of an everyday boss? My passion has been reignited - my passion for vintage fabric and running a business. You see, the two go hand-in-hand for me. I have to run a business well if I am to continue offering you lovely vintage fabric. And I have to love the vintage fabric if I am to continue happily in business. Thus - I am more passionate about Retro Age than I have ever been, as I can focus solely on it instead of slotting it in. A big difference.

This letter - all passion - is beautiful. It's from Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine De Beauharnais, December 1795.

I wake filled with thoughts of you. Your portrait and the intoxicating evening which we spent yesterday have left my sense in turmoil. Sweet, incomparable Josephine, what a strange effect you have on my heart! Are you angry? Do I see you looking sad? Are you worried?...My soul aches with sorrow, and there can be no rest for your lover; but is there still more in store for me when, yielding to the profound feelsing which overwhelm me, I draw from your lips, from your heart a love which consumes me with fire? Ah! It was last night that I fully realised how false an image of you your portrait gives!
You are leaving an noon; I shall see you in three hours.
Until then, mio dolce amor, a thousand kisses; but give me none in return, for they
set my blood on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment