Sunday 10 January 2010

600m of 1930s to 1970s vintage fabric



Sorry for the crude photos. I finished booking in our recent estate purchase today. Three hundred and five fabrics - 600m+ of vintage fabric.
I am going to be counting in my sleep (again!)...
Such a lovely collection, though - I'll take some better shots in the weeks ahead. There are wonderful atomic barkcloths, 1950s silk satins, 1930s and 1940s worsted woollens, Swiss embroidered cotton, 1940s-1960s velvets, retro knits...oh, the list goes on and on. I must say it was so refreshing to purchase a collection from a seamstress - she used everything and anything. Plain fabric, psychedelic fabric, embroidered pieces, Irish linen - nothing seemed to faze her and her collection changed with the decades. I love her fabric just as much as she did, I can tell you...

I love vintage fabric. I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment