Sunday 3 January 2010

Practising mindfulness...



I have been thinking a lot lately, as you can probably tell. I go through periods where I evaluate my life and whether I am truly happy, satisfied, growing as a person and as a spirit and whether my family is in a good place and space.

I am going to change this blog a little this year. Yes, there will be lots of vintage fabric stuff - lots and lots of it. But there will be also a lot more about life and the striving for the 'simpler'.

I am making a lot of personal changes and also changing our home. I've been decluttering drawers, cupboards, rooms and sheds, all with a view to making life simpler. I am making sure everything has a place. So that is one of my first 2010 resolutions - to make life a little easier. And finding ways to do that.

One of them is decluttering and sorting out your space. I am now teaching my kids to use the same glass throughout the day and, when finished with it, wash it and put it aside to dry at the end of the day. In fact, we are all practising this. Use the same dish throughout the day, wash it when you've finished and put it aside to dry. Kinda like what you do with camping dishes. Use it, wash it and let it dry. You don't need to use five plates and glasses a day.



I am also practising being grateful. I have so much abundance around me that sometimes I forget how lucky I am. So I am hoping to add in to my daily blog what I am grateful for that day. Just so I remember how rich life is and perhaps give you some reminders along the way. Today I was grateful for the juicy sweet plums on our plum tree. The kids went out with their basket and picked away. Beautiful vision - and delicious (free!) fruit.



And, of course, my life wouldn't be complete without my other, other love. Vintage fabric. There is so much for you to see in 2010. I hope you enjoy the ride!

Loving: Finishing painting one room - now for the gloss, window treatment and light fixture and that's it!
Need to vent about: Nothing today - apart from a six-year-old who doesn't stop talking! (but we love it at the same time!)
Grateful for: Free juicy sweet plums grown in our backyard, picked my our boys

No comments:

Post a Comment